Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vintage Honda Dual Sport

My name is Matt, and I have a vintage motorbike problem. Today I scored this 1979 Honda dual sport bike in fantastic condition with really low miles. The guy I bought it from just put a TON of new parts on the bike and was really OCD about keeping it clean and masterfully tuned. It's plated and street legal, but also ready to hit the dirt and the trails. The ironic thing is, it's actually too nice to take offroad! I'm toying with the idea of just keeping it street only and continue restoration, vs. taking the chance of taking it offroad and messing it up. I know that's what it was designed for, and it's perfectly able to do it, but in this condition and age it kinda seems tragic to take it off the pavement. I'll keep thinking on that...

New parts on the bike that I don't have to worry about include new: tires and tubes, exhaust with Supertrapp muffler, battery, front and rear sprockets, chain, shocks, air filter, oil filter, fuel lines and filter, vent and drain hoses, petcock, mirrors, rear break light, front and rear brakes, and fork tube seals and oil. I am one happy boy!





















No comments:

Post a Comment